American Alliance Authority & Compliance is one of the very few third-party authority service providers that can offer you access to discounted scale-bypass service provided by HELP, Inc. subsidiary PrePass.
PrePass is an advanced Automated Vehicle Identification (AVI) technology that enables qualified motor carriers to electronically comply with state safety, weight, and credential requirements while traveling down the road at highway speed. This enables them to “bypass” PrePass equipped weigh stations.
The PrePass system employs proven transponder technology that guarantees correct signaling and reliability. In addition, it can be installed to work in tandem with existing infrastructure, maximizing the value of a state’s investment deployed technologies.
To access our discounted program you MUST BE a client of either American Alliance Authority & Compliance or enrolled with American Alliance Drug Testing for DOT drug and alcohol testing services.
NOTE: Currently we do not offer access to PrePass – Plus.
- No Initial Expense
- Low Cost – Flat rate By-pass or Seasonal non-op rates
Program Changed Effective for July, 2012 (Billed in early August)
How to Sign-up
- New applications must be faxed or emailed to Lorraine at AAA&C or Karina at PrePass.
- Customer maintenance requests must be sent to Support@PrePass.com
- Seasonal Shut-off request must be made via;
- Lorraine – Lorraine@Westrk.org
- Karina – PrePassAccountManagers@PrePass.com
- Billing inquiries can only be made by Lorraine at AAA&C.
PrePass will provide the requested billing information to Lorraine who will provide it to you.
(909) 985-2348 fax
800-773-7277, option 2, x-5039
PrePass Seasonal Shut-Off (SSOS) Procedure
- Allows customer to shut off PrePass service for a month at a reduced rate of $4.99 and keep the transponder in their truck(s).
- SSOS will not be prorated. Any request for PrePass service for a single day constitutes a full month of PrePass Service.
- Requests to move to SSOS must be made no later than two (2) business days before the end of the month for the next month.
- Requests to move to SSOS on the last day of the month or later will result in a full month PrePass Service Charge the following month.
- SSOS can be in place for as many months as the customer wants.
- Bypassing ability can be restored in 48 hours.
- A regular PrePass account must be opened in order to sign up for SSOS.
- A truck will receive red lights at all PrePass weigh stations while in SSOS status and the truck must pull into the station if it is open.
- When a customer wishes to move some or all of their trucks from PrePass Service to SSOS, the following steps must be followed.
- Customer must notify Lorraine at AAA&C what trucks they want to put in SSOS.
- Lorraine will notify Karina at PrePass.
- In order for the customer not to be billed for PrePass service, PrePass must be notified of the switch to SSOS no later than the last day of the previous month.
- PrePass will open a SSOS account for the customer.
- The trucks will be moved to SSOS status on the 1st day of the month following month.
- The truck will stay in SSOS status and will not be able to bypass until up to 48 hours after Lorraine at AAA&C notifies PrePass.
- When a customer wishes to move some or all of their trucks from SSOS to PrePass Service, the following steps must be followed.
- Customer must notify Lorraine at AAA&C what trucks they want to move to PrePass Service.
- Lorraine at CCTA will notify Karina at PrePass.
- PrePass will move the truck(s) to PrePass Service within 48 hours.
- The truck will start receiving green lights within the 48 hours and bypassing according to standard PrePass rules.
- The customer will be billed the standard PrePass Service charge for the month the service was started.
- The truck will stay in PrePass Service until the above steps are repeated.
- Again, PrePass Monthly Service will not be prorated. Any request for PrePass service for a single day constitutes a full month of PrePass Service.
- Requests to move to PrePass from SSOS on any day of the month will result in a full month PrePass Service Charge for that month.
Contact PrePass for further information, let them know you are a member of
the Western States Trucking Association or American Alliance Drug Testing
This post is also available in: Spanish